So you want to learn to make perfect pancakes with self rising flour.
I’ve been lucky enough over the years to sample many types of pancakes. Ranging from small and thick to large and fluffy. However what i want to reveal today is how to make pancakes with self rising flour.
When you are attempting to create homemade pancakes with self rising flour, then you need to have a solid plan. So before taking any action, you need to have your recipe at hand to follow.
Here is the perfect recipe for fluffy American pancakes below:
- 135g self raising flour
- 1 tsp (teaspoon) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (teaspoon) salt
- 2 tbsp (tablespoon) caster sugar
- 130ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp (tablespoon) butter melted, or olive oil.
Taking Action To Create Your Pancake Masterpiece
Now is the time to take action in order to create your pancakes using self rising flour in no time.
So here is what you need to do step by step:
- Firstly you need to put the following ingredients in a large bowl; caster sugar, self rising flour, salt and baking powder. Then sift these ingredients together.
- Next, in a separate bowl, can you in the following the milk and the eggs. Once this is done you can whisk together lightly. Lastly in this step proceed to add the olive oil or melted butter to the mixture. Once this has been done, the whisk it all together.
- Now take the milk and egg mixture, and empty this into the large bowl with the self rising flour mixture. Take a fork, and whisk the mixture until the batter becomes smooth in texture. Then leave to stand for a few minutes.
Now the next step is to heat the mixture on a medium heat, and add either you butter or olive oil. After doing this, you then take a ladle and move the the batter mixture on to your pan. If you are working with a larger pan, then you can cook two pancakes at the same time.
- This pancake batter mixture can be thick and a sure sign to flip it over when heating up in the pan. When you see the batter mixture is bubbling on one side, then proceed to turn the pancake over.
- Keep the heat on your pancakes, and make sure you keep flipping until both sides are a golden brown color, and the pancakes have risen around 1cm mark.
- Repeat the following steps and use up the pancake batter. You can keep your pancakes warm by placing them into a low oven, or keeping them in the pan, so they are even fresher.
WHY MAKE PANCAKES WITH SELF RISING FLOUR?
The benefits of making home made pancakes with self rising flour are significant. The addition of baking powder as an ingredient is crucial to producing high quality pancakes.
The baking power component of self rising flour is activated by two factors. These are the heat inside of the oven when baking. In addition you can also get the activation of the baking powder within the liquid of the batter.
The benefit of using self rising flour compared to plain flour in the recipe above is huge. The extra rise and fluffy texture would be lost if you choose to use another type of flour instead.
This why in my pancake recipe with self rising flour, I have found a great way to produce delicious high quality pancakes every time.
WHAT NEXT FOR YOUR PANCAKES WITH SELF RISING FLOUR
The next challenge is how to make pancakes with self rising flour with other types of pancake.
There are so many different types of pancake you can bake with. Don’t just follow this recipe above. The key is to experiment with your baking. Keep trying on different types of pancakes such as sourdough and rye.
Having fun in the kitchen likes this can be keep new pancake idea coming for many months to come. So delay no further your next favorite pancakes awaits.