There are so many diet plans available in the market that it is hard to keep track of them. However the most successful diets are those that develop and keep eating habits going, long after you have reached your target weight. This what an easy keto meal plan does. In this article I want to show you how introducing keto inspired healthy pancakes can be both very tasy and good for you.
What has Ketosis and Pancakes got in Common?
Ketosis is simply a phrase that describes digestion of fats instead of glucose mostly found in carbs. This happens when you have a low carb diet, and this is where the benefits of an easy keto meal plan start.
There are many a keto blog that reveals the benefits of this type of meal plan:
- Those who are at high risk of metabolic syndrome
- Those who are struggling to lose weight
- Those struggling to control their blood sugar levels
- May actually reduce cardivasuclar disease factors
After seeing these benefits above, then the next step is to put your keto food list together. I want to show the reasons below, why you can add a delicious treat like keto pancakes onto this list.
Many people associate pancakes as being in high carbs. As well as this pancakes are often associated with high sugar toppings such as maple syrup. I want to tell you know, it doesn’t have to be that way
There is a few really good recipes for keto pancakes on many a keto blog online. Here is my favorite recipe below:
1.) Mini Keto Pancakes
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (35-40 g ) or 3/4 cup of almond flour (75g-80g) If you use coconut flour, this will result in a thicker batter, add 2-3 tbsp of water if needed.
- ¼ cup cup of coconut oil (50g)
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 15-20 drops Stevia extract
- 2 tbsp Erythritol (20 g )
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Tartar cream
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- Add all the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and mix. This should either almond or coconut flour, baking soda, tartar cream and erythritol.
- Add your vanilla extract, coconut oil and stevia together. Remember to keep back a little of the coconut oil to grease the pan later.
- Add your dry ingredients with either almond or coconut flour to the egg mixture.
- Whisk this mixture until it is well combined. Remember if you are using coconut flour, add 2-3 tbsp of water if it is too thick.
- Use the remaining coconut to grease the pan. Then use either molds or a spoon to create your mini pancakes.
- Cook on a low heat setting for 4-5 minutes. When you see the pancake firming up at the top. Flip it over, and cook for another minute.
- Take off the heat, and they are ready to eat. Enjoy.
- This is optional, but you can add toppings such as berries, creme fraiche or low fat yogurt.
- If you don’t wish to eat them now, you can make them in batches, and freeze for up to 6 months.
I really hope you enjoy, and will add this to your keto food list.
Remember when you think keto you shouldn’t think smaller portions. By being clever with your ingredients you can enjoy the same full portions, as if you were indulging on a carb filled pancake.
This is an ideal treat for friends and family. Also its a great way for kids to eat fruit, if you stick some blackberries, strawberries or blueberries for instance on these pancakes.
Visiting a favorite keto blog or even blogs is a fantastic way for you to keep up with new recipes and ideas. It also gives your tastebuds a new variety of ingredients and toppings to try.
Most importantly these keto pancakes fit into your own easy keto meal plan for the week or the month, whichever way you prefer to plan it.
So whether you are wanting your pancakes as keto appetizers or dessert. Using both offline and online resources, you can check out new recipes that will give new delicious flavors. with the best bonus of being able to treat yourself without having to think about the calories.