Changing your lifestyle to a healthy one is a difficult path. Or so it seems. The thing is that there is a healthy alternative for everything that we eat. If we love eating chips, then instead of fried crisps, we can go for baked crisps. If we like fried chicken, then instead of frying we can grill it. This is the same way for pancake enthusiasts. They would be used to eating pancakes doused in maple syrup and heavy in calories. But what escapes their notice is that the variety of pancakes out there are numerous in terms of healthy pancakes.
I recently heard of buckwheat pancakes so I decided to look up its recipe. It seemed like an interesting concept and so I tried it. My first attempt wasn’t so successful but I kept tweaking the recipe till I got the desired taste.
Buckwheat pancakes are amongst the healthiest pancakes out there. They are good for diabetes and help in lowering blood sugar after meals. They also assist in weight loss. Buckwheat pancakes are extremely low in calories and have a high fiber content. They are also good for digestion.
The Buckwheat healthy pancake recipe I finalized and will share with you provides the necessary nutrients that every person needs and is a very fulfilling meal. They also provide you with energy that lasts. SO now instead of taking out that pancake mix out of the cupboard, and whipping yourself up a batch of fresh fatty pancakes, why don’t you try something healthy?
- 60g (1/2 cup) Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2-4 packets calorie free sweetener
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Take a medium bowl and a whisk. Put the buckwheat flour in it. Add in the baking soda, the sweetener and the salt. Whisk it lightly and make sure it properly mixed.
- Add in the almond milk slowly as you whisk.
- Take out a flat, non stick skillet and spray it with cooking spray. Pace it over medium heat.
- Take a large spoon and scoop out batter onto the skillet
- Cook one side for two to three minutes. Once it is done, flip the pancake over and cook the other side
- Serve the pancakes with garnish of choice