I want to show you today that healthy and delicious can certainly be found in your pancakes. You may have heard of the term “paleo”, this is a way of eating that follows the typical diet of what a prehistoric man would have to eat.
The challenge to create the best paleo pancakes is one that is well worth pursuing. Especially if it means creating a highly healthy and tasty experience at the same time.
Why should you be checking out Paleo Websites?
The reason why you should be checking out paleo more online, is for one simple fact. It opens you up to completely new eating experience with foods that many of us are familar with including pancakes.
Until I researched into paleo more, I did not automatically associate paleo and pancakes together. So it was a pleasant surprise to see that applying paleo, is proving to be an ever more popular way to prepare pancakes.
Best Paleo Pancakes Banana
Adding fruit to pancakes is an excellent way to keep the carb count lower, as well as lowering the sugar content too. When you add the paleo preparation element for your pancakes, then you a winning healthy and tasty combination.
Below I want to share two recipes that highlight the benefit of choosing to prepare and eat paleo pancakes.
Here is the recipe i use below:
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 6 mins
Total Time: 11 mins
- 3 eggs (preferably soy-free)
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup almond butter ( can also use nut butter if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons of cinammon
- coconut oil
- Preheat a skillet (frying pan) to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Using a food blender or food processor mix all your different together until you have a batter.
- Using coconut oil grease the skillet, and pour 3-4 inch pancakes from your batter mixture.
- Serve with a topping of your choice. This can include grassfed butter, which you can see in the example above.
Enjoy and share the delights with your friends and family.
ENJOY THE BEST PALEO PANCAKES WITH FLOUR
Just because you cooking your pancakes the paleo means you still have options to use flour in your pancakes. Flour is technically a substance produced when grinding foodstuffs. With this being the case, there are a few options open to you to prepare paleo pancakes using flour.
Paleo pancakes with coconut flour
This gives you the option to produce the best paleo pancakes coconut flour can be added to. The results of light, fluffy pancakes with that hint of coconut, is certainly something that is worth waiting for.
Here is an excellent paleo pancakes with coconut flour recipe below:
Prep Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of organic, cold pressed coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp of honey
- 1/8 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Grass-fed butter for cooking
- pinch of salt
- Serve with topping of your choice. This can include blueberries.
- Mix the following together throughly: eggs, coconut oil and honey
- Following this then add the vanilla extract and the coconut milk
- Then add the coconut flour, baking soda and salt to the mixture. Then mix liberally, not too much.
- Melt a dab of grass-fed butter into a skillet. Then using a measuring cup add a little of the batter mixture to the skillet. A good tip is to know how many pancakes you plan to make beforehand, this means choosing an appropriately sized measuring cup to use.
- A good tip is check the underside of the pancake before flipping over. This way you will ensure the batter mixture is solid enough to flip over.
Add your favorite toppings, grab your fork, and enjoy!
Here is my best paleo pancake almond recipe recipe below:
Paleo pancakes with almond flour
Cooking with almond flour ticks alot of boxes. It is gluten free, low in carbs, high in protein, and high in vitamins. I have an example below of my best paleo pancakes almond flour recipe:
Prep Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
2 cups of almond flour
1 tsp of baking powder
2 tbsp of tapioca flour (optional choice)
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of almond milk
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
160z 100% pomegranate juice ( used for the pomegranate syrup)
Almond flour pancake
In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, then add vanilla extract and almond milk, then continue to mix together.
Add to this mixture the almond flour, baking powder and salt. Keep mixing until you get a smooth consistency.
Lightly coat your skillet with oil. Then heat your skillet to just above medium heat.
Measure out a 1/4 cup of the batter mixture, then pour this into the skillet.
Cook the pancake for 3-4 minutes. Make sure that the side of the pancake firm up, and that a couple of bubbles escape from the top of the mixture.
Flip the pancake gently. Almond flour pancakes tend to be more fragile than wheat ones. Cook for another minute, then repeat this process with the remaining batter.
Pour out the pomegranate juice into a small pan. Then bring to the boil, by placing on a medium to high heat.
Reduce the heat back to a medium. You should see some bubbling of the liquid. However if you see a splattering of the liquid out of the pan, then you will know to reduce the heat. This process of reduction should gradually occur over 5-10 minutes period.
Make sure this reduction does not go on for too long. If it does the juice can become thick and stringy in texture.
THE SECRET TO BEST PALEO PANCAKES
The real secret to achieving the best pancakes is through trial and error, and checking out the huge resource of paleo websites that are currently online.
So whether you are checking out the best paleo pancakes banana recipes for inspiration, or the best paleo pancake coconut flour recipes instead. It doesn’t matter, as long as you are enjoying the experience and taste.
Making the best paleo pancakes can both challenge your competiveness and enrich the life of those of your family and friends.