Variety is the spice of life. Honestly, I adore pancakes but I like trying new things constantly. I was already aware that there is a whole world of different healthy dinner recipes out there but the apple ring oatmeal pancake recipe was something very unique and strange when I came across it.
I tried it out due to mere curiosity and it did not disappoint. A delicious treat with very healthy benefits, the apple ring healthy dinner recipes is a must try!
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup soy or almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 apples, washed, cored, and each cut into six round slices
- Take out a medium bowl and put the flour, the oats, the brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in it. In another bowl, a small one, mash the banana. Then add the milk, the eggs and the vanilla and beat it very thoroughly.
- Now combine the mixture of dry ingredients to the mixture of wet ingredients and mix them until they are combined. The batter should not be too thick.
- Take out a non stick skillet and heat it over medium heat. Then spray it with cooking spray. Now take out your apple slices and dip each apple slice into the prepared pancake batter. Dip it thoroughly and let the excess fall off. Repeat and then put it into the heated non stick skillet.
- Cook the slice for up to one to two minutes and wait for small bubbles to form on the batter and then flip it. When you flip it, be sure to have turned the heat from medium to low. and cook for about one minute or till it becomes golden brown.
- Now once you have cooked these apple rings, put them onto a baking sheet and place the tray in a preheated oven of 200 degrees Fahrenheit. The purpose of this is to keep it warm. You’re going to have to repeat the process with the rest of the slices and then serve these apple ring oatmeal pancakes with maple cinnamon yogurt or just with fruits and nuts, the choice is yours.